1 Fern St, Leura
Highgarden house strikes a perfect balance between convenience and character. It's a fantastic base for a relaxing & enjoyable retreat in the Blue Mountains. The house caters equally for families (with travel cot, highchairs, child cutlery/crockery and games) and for groups of friends seeking a getaway together. It is close to the convenience of Leura Mall (walking distance - less than 1.4km), and just around the corner from the Old Leura Dairy. Welcome to our newly renovated home for the perfect blue Mountains escape! The heart of the house is the stunning lounge with exposed wooden beam ceiling, combustion fire, 50-inch 4k T.V, and decadent furniture for relaxing or catching up with friends. Alternatively, chill out in the sunroom which opens out onto the majestic and extensive gardens. If you enjoy the outdoors, you will love exploring the large established garden full of natives, whilst listening to the gurgling stone waterfall. You may even choose to host a B.B.Q and eat outside at the large outdoor dining table with comfortable chairs. When it comes to indoor cooking, the brand-new kitchen is equipped with everything you need to make your stay convenient and stress-free. The bedrooms are all conveniently located and furnished, with the 3 bedrooms upstairs featuring built in wardrobes. Highgarden House has plenty of entertainment activities options, including table tennis in the studio, plus complimentary Netflix, unlimited Wi-Fi, extensive DVD, CD and book collections and a retro games console (with 100 classic games). Even an indoor stay can be a lot of fun. If it's cold the house is well equipped with gas heating (in addition to the combustion fire), electric blankets and super warm doonas and blankets
Bedroom and Bathroom Configuration
Bedroom 1 - 1 x Queen bed and ensuite with shower and toilet
Bedroom 2 - 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 3 - 2 x Single beds
Bedroom 4 - 1 x Queen bed - access to shower and toilet in the laundry
Bedroom 5 - 2 x Two Single beds
Main Bathroom with Bath, Shower and toilet
Please Note, the Tariff is based on 6 Guests. If you have more than 6 staying, please enter the correct number to get the correct Tariff. Maximum 10 Guests.
All long weekends are a minimum 3-night stay, all public holidays are charged at the Weekend Tariff and Easter is a minimum 4-night stay.
Good to know
Bedding & Linen:
All beds will be made with quality linen before your arrival. Bath towels including bathmats and hand towels are also provided along with tea towels for the kitchen. Doonas/blankets pillows
Access: Entire Property. The rear yard is fully fenced
Free Wifi: YES
Firewood is only supplied between June till the end of August with one bag of firewood supplied being enough for one night, Firewood & kindling can be purchased at local service stations, supermarkets & hardware stores. 1 bag of firewood supplied in winter months June, July & August enough for 1-2 fires.
Pets: Strictly No pets allowed
If you are hosting a large group, look no further than Highgarden House and Midholm. These 2 properties are adjoining and accessible via an interior gate. As a bonus, Midholm opens up into a wonderful and roomy retreat space with the 2 bedrooms featuring retractable walls and beds which fold into the walls. It’s a perfect location to host a large group, meditation or yoga retreat.
For further details please see the list of Amenities below.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-25504
- Bathroom(s) | Amenities Provided
- Bathroom(s) | Bath Tub
- Bathroom(s) | Hair dryer
- Bathrooms | Separate Shower
- Bedroom(s) | All Linen & Towels included
- Bedroom(s) | Electric Blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Extra pillows and blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Hangers
- Bedroom(s) | Porta-Cot
- Bedroom(s) | Wardrobe
- Dining | Combined Kitchen and Dining area
- General Info | Children Allowed
- General Info | Hot water
- General Info | Long-term stays allowed
- General Info | Luggage drop-off allowed
- General Info | Multi Level Home with stairs
- General Info | Private entrance
- General Info | Self check-in
- General Info | Smoking Not allowed
- General Info | Stand alone property
- Heating/Cooling | Open Fireplace
- Heating/Cooling | Slow Combustion Wood Fireplace
- Indoor Activities | Books
- Indoor Activities | Children's books and toys
- Indoor Activities | Dedicated workspace
- Indoor Activities | DVD Library
- Indoor Activities | DVD Player
- Indoor Activities | Foosball
- Indoor Activities | Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor Activities | TV - 65"
- Kitchen | Coffee Machine - Expresso
- Kitchen | Coffee Plunger
- Kitchen | Coffee Pod Machine - ALDI
- Kitchen | Cook Top and Oven
- Kitchen | Cooking basics
- Kitchen | Dishwasher
- Kitchen | Fully equipped with Cutlery and Dishes
- Kitchen | High chair
- Kitchen | Kettle/Jug
- Kitchen | Microwave Oven
- Kitchen | Refrigerator with Freezer
- Kitchen | Toaster
- Laundry | Clothes Dryer
- Laundry | Ironing Facilities
- Laundry | Washing machine
- Outdoor Activities | Area with Outdoor setting
- Outdoor Activities | Backyard Fully fenced
- Outdoor Activities | BBQ - Gas
- Outdoor Activities | Garden
- Parking | Some on premises undercover (free)
- Safety | Carbon monoxide alarm
- Safety | Fire extinguisher
- Safety | First Aid Kit
- Safety | Smoke alarm
- Queen Bed x 1
- Single Bed x 2
- Queen Bed x 1
- Single Bed x 2
- Queen Bed x 1
Highly recommend!Suk Tsang - 5th October 2023
Excellent location! Short drive to Leura and Katoomba. House was clean and tidy with well equipped kitchen, heaps of boardgames and a table tennis for entertainment, suitable for family and friends. Host was helpful and good communication.
So so so lovely!Charlotte Gaal - 1st October 2023
It had everything we could’ve needed. We only had 6 people, but there was absolutely more than enough space. It was beautiful and the natural sunlight in the sunroom during the morning was absolutely to die for!
Lovely location & charming accommodationBonnie Martin - 3rd August 2023
Lounge room & fire place were fantastic. Close by to everything you could want or need."
Great big houseRob D - 14th June 2023
"Great big house, equipped with everything you need. Spacious, warm and clean. We had a super weekend exploring the Blue Mountains."
Ideal for large groups or 2 families."Nicola - 1st November 2022
"Lovely spacious home which is well stocked and in a lovely quiet part of Leura. We would definitely stay again.