Coolangatta (House Only)
91 Waratah St, Katoomba
Coolangatta Historic House 1889 was built by the Mayor of Balmain, Solomon Hyam. The house initially served as a guest house for his friends and family from the city. In days past, Coolangatta has played host to a doctor's surgery, music school and a variety of overseas guests.
Over 120 years, ' Coolangatta' was subject to metamorphosis, with walls and interiors changing as owners came and went overtime. The current owner has restored the home with sympathetic attention to period and detail under the guidance of the Heritage Council of N.S.W. The National Trust of Australia took great interest in 'Coolangatta' after the feature story published in Australian Country Style Magazine hit the newsstands. 'Coolangatta' was featured as a National Trust Home of Significance and noted for its historical heritage significance.
Decorated with luxurious fabrics, wallpapers from Europe, and carpets from the Scottish Highlands, the home has an eclectic, homely feel. Double brick, verandahs, and divine fitting and fixtures throughout.
Five generous bedrooms plus the Studio, two bathrooms, oversized working fireplaces in lounge/living area, plus hydronic heating throughout provide beautiful spaces for large family gatherings.
Bedroom and Bathroom Configuration
Bedroom 1 - 1 x Queen bed - with Ensuite (Bath & Toilet)
Bedroom 2 - 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 3 - 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 4 - 2 x Single beds
Bedroom 5 - 2 x Single beds
2 Separate Bathrooms each with shower and toilet
Please Note, the Tariff is based on 6 Guests. If you have more than 6 staying, please enter the correct number to get the correct Tariff. Maximum 12 Guests.
All long weekends are a minimum 3-night stay, all public holidays are charged at the Weekend Tariff and Easter is a minimum 4-night stay.
The Studio is not included with this booking however if you require the Studio, please let us know and we will make the adjustment to the booking to include Coolangatta and Cottage. The bedroom and bathroom configuration for the Studio is:-
1 x Queen bed, kitchenette and ensuite with shower and toilet.
Good to know
Bedding & Linen:
All beds will be made with quality linen before your arrival. Bath towels including bathmats and hand towels are also provided along with tea towels for the kitchen. Doonas/blankets pillows
Access: Entire Property
Free WiFi: YES
Lounge Rm: The lounge and dining areas are integrated, with 2 fireplace one at each end of the large, combined area.
Kitchen: The stunning eat-in kitchen is a bespoke design utilising natural materials, wood, non-toxic paints, butler's sink, dishwasher an Aga oven. The property has all modern appliances including a Large Smeg Electric Oven and Gas Cook top, Fridge/Freezer, Nespresso Machine, Toaster, kettle and dishwasher. A water filtering system services the entire house. The Studio has its own kitchenette. A water filtering system services the entire house.
Dining: The formal dining and lounge areas are integrated, with 2 fireplace one at each end of the large, combined area. There is also an eat-in kitchen, a bespoke design utilising natural materials, wood, non-toxic paints, butler's sink, dishwasher, an aga and a large modern gas combined cook top and oven.
Laundry: Washing machine, laundry tub and ironing facilities.
Heating: Central Hydronic Heating System. The Studio has reverse cycle air conditioning.
Pets: Sorry No pets
Parking: Space for six cars and plenty of on street parking.
Outdoor Activities: Established hedges and cold climate gardens are a delight all year round. And a out door Spa
For further details please see the list of Amenities below.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-41902
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with BBQ
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with Garden View
- Bathroom(s) | Amenities Provided
- Bathroom(s) | Bath Tub
- Bathroom(s) | Hair dryer
- Bathroom(s) | Heated towel Rail
- Bathrooms | Separate Shower
- Bedroom(s) | All Linen & Towels included
- Bedroom(s) | Porta-Cot
- Bedroom(s) | Wardrobe
- Dining | Separate Dining Room
- General Info | Children Allowed
- General Info | Hot water
- General Info | Last Renovation 1900 - 1905
- General Info | Long-term stays allowed
- General Info | Luggage drop-off allowed
- General Info | Mobile Phone Coverage - Good
- General Info | Private entrance
- General Info | Security cameras on property (outside)
- General Info | Self check-in
- General Info | Single Level Home with entrance stairs
- General Info | Smoking Not allowed
- General Info | Stand alone property
- Heating/Cooling | Central Heating - Gas (ducted)
- Heating/Cooling | Fireplace screens
- Heating/Cooling | Open Fireplace
- Indoor Activities | Books
- Indoor Activities | Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor Activities | TV - 32"
- Indoor Activities | TV - 65"
- Kitchen | Coffee Machine - Expresso
- Kitchen | Coffee Plunger
- Kitchen | Cook Top and Oven
- Kitchen | Cooking basics
- Kitchen | Dishwasher
- Kitchen | Fully equipped with Cutlery and Dishes
- Kitchen | Kettle/Jug
- Kitchen | Microwave Oven
- Kitchen | Refrigerator with Freezer
- Kitchen | Toaster
- Laundry | Clothes Dryer
- Laundry | Ironing Facilities
- Laundry | Washing machine
- Outdoor Activities | Backyard Fully fenced
- Outdoor Activities | BBQ - Gas
- Outdoor Activities | BBQ Area
- Outdoor Activities | Garden
- Outdoor Activities | Spa/Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Parking | On premises Parking (free)
- Parking | Some on premises undercover (free)
- Pets - Strictly No Pets
- Safety | Fire Blanket
- Safety | Fire extinguisher
- Safety | Smoke alarm
- Queen Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
- Single Bed x 2
- Single Bed x 2
Thanks for a great stay"Brooklin Kennedy-Lo - 16th July 2023
"What a beautiful house. 8 of us and a toddler stayed for a weekend away and it was a fantastic stay. The house is a historical beauty and huge. There’s even a hot tub! We gathered in all the common rooms, each with their own charm and loved retreating to our decadent bedrooms. It’s right in town, walking distance to everything. It’s a great new property which I recommend to anyone who is considering a mountain getaway."
A beautiful property set in KatoombaSam Harnwell - 14th June 2023
Easy walk to the Three Sisters and all the bustle of Katoomba town.Plenty of room and privacy. Wonderful kitchen if you are catering for a large family or group.