Terms & Conditions
- CONFIRMED BOOKING’S DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTSThe booking is not confirmed until the deposit is paid (50% of the Tariff). All properties require a deposit to be paid within two (2) days of initial request booking. Bookings made less than fourteen (14) days prior to the arrival date must be paid in full within 48 hours following request.
All bookings will incur a $35.00 “Booking Fee” and is NOT REFUNDABLE.
DEPOSIT- Deposit required is 50% of total booking. Deposits are not transferable between properties.
FINAL PAYMENTS are to be made no later than fourteen (14) days before date of arrival.
DATE CHANGES – Any change in dates will incur a $50 Administration fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICIES If you booked directly with Blue Mountains Escapes the following cancellation policy applies:
– If you cancel your accommodation, and we can secure a replacement booking for the same period your deposit will be refunded less a $100.00 Cancellation Fee. If, however the property cannot be re let one of following will apply: –
– For cancellations over fourteen (14) days of the arrival date (and no other booking can be found to replace your dates) the full deposit is non-refundable. If any payments have been received over the deposit then the refund will be total amount paid to date, less the deposit.
– For cancellations within 14 days of the arrival date (and no other booking can be found to replace your dates) 75% of the total tariff is non-refundable.
– If you booked through Advertiser sites such as Booking.com, Airbnb or Stayz then their respective cancellation policy applies. You can generally see what the cancellation policy is within your booking on the site you booked through.
We recommend that all guests take out comprehensive holiday and travel insurance to cater for any unforeseen circumstances which may arise beyond any one’s control. e.g. Natural Disasters like Bush Fires etc.
– If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is NOT REFUNDABLE.
For refunds where the payment method was by credit card then refund will be processed back on to the same credit card. Credit card fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. All other refunds will be via direct deposit to your bank account.
- PAYMENT METHODS Direct Deposit or Credit Card (surcharge of 1.5%) applies to credit card payments).
- CHANGES TO BOOKINGS BY OWNER When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by an owner. However, if the property is sold, you will be notified, allowing time to organise alternative accommodation. If no alternative accommodation is to your liking or no other accommodation is available, then your full Deposit and any other payments you made will be refunded
- AMENTIES, GUEST EXPECTATIONS, INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS All properties under Blue Mountains Escapes management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis and are self-catering. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Blue Mountains Escapes to compensate or discount.
Firewood – some holiday properties do not supply firewood. If you would like to have firewood for your stay supplies can be purchased from the local service stations in the Blue Mountains.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES The property is available from 2pm on the day of arrival and you must vacate by 10am on the date of your departure as shown on your booking confirmation, unless otherwise arranged. You will be charged $50 per hour or part thereof if you have not departed the premises at the agreed time.
- LATE CHECK OUT Early Check in (12 noon) and Late Check outs (12 noon) can be arranged, however you must arrange prior to arrival and is subject to availability. Requests for late check out on day of departure or night before departure may not be received in time for it to be granted. If you do not receive a note that it is OK then the normal checkout of 10am will apply
- KEY BOX CODES & KEY RETURN Key box codes are sent via SMS and emailed to guests on day of arrival at 9am. On departure keys are to be returned to the key box and the code scrambled after closing.
- LOST KEYS/REMOTES If keys and/or remotes are lost you will be charged for an Admin fee of $50.00 plus the replacement cost of the keys/remotes if they are unable to be found If you require access to the property after hours you will be charged a $50.00 Call Out Fee.
- GUEST REGISTRATION & SECURITY BOND Guest Registration is required for all bookings. The registration process requests copies of a driver’s license and credit card, these are then stored securely until departure. All adults staying at a property are required to register. At guest registration, you will be asked to digitally confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. We recommend domestic Travel Insurance to cover extra-ordinary events or risks.
A bond / security deposit varies by property (between $200.00 and $1000.00). Your bond will be handled as a pre-authorization on the Guest’s previously nominated credit card on the day of arrival/check-in (we do not accept bank transfers or cash for bond payments unless by special arrangement). When arriving on a weekend or a public holiday, the bond will be processed on the last business day before the arrival date.
Pre-authorisation is a temporary transaction where a set amount of funds from your credit card or debit card is put on hold (frozen) as per the terms and conditions of the issuing bank, and will be automatically released as long as there are no issues during the stay.
The total bond amount for your booking will be advised by Blue Mountains Escapes
- Credit Card Tokenisation Terms Blue Mountains Escapes is PCI DSS compliant. Blue Mountains Escapes reserves the right to charge the nominated credit card in matters involving the Security Bond for incidents which result in certain losses or expenses.
- ON DEPARTURE RUBBISH TO BE REMOVED FROM INSIDE THE PREMISESGarbage bins are provided with all properties. Please ensure that all garbage is removed from inside the property and placed in bins provided. Please read the sign in your holiday property for garbage collection day. You are required to place the bin on the curb side for collection with the handle facing the property depending on your day of departure. You will be charged for extra cleaning if there is excess rubbish left at the property including left around the bin area. Please turn off all heating (including electric blankets) and secure any fires that are still burning. The premises must be left in a neat and tidy condition or you may be charged for excess cleaning.
- INTERNET and PHONE RECEPTION If the Property has an internet connection (wired or wireless) the connectivity during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. This also applies to TV/Austar/Foxtel/Netflix type services. Reception in parts of the Blue Mountains can be unreliable. Depending on the location of the Property there may be a weak signal strength.
The Guest will not hold Blue Mountains Escapes or the Owner liable for any disruption to these services.
- OUTDOOR OPEN FIRES & BBQ’s Outdoor open fires (including wood fired BBQ’s) are banned during certain periods of the year as circumstances governed by National Parks and Wildlife services. You must follow these directions. In addition to this not all owners allow open fires on their properties. See property information and refer to the NSW Rural Fire Brigade’s web site for Fire Ban information at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
BBQ’s – For properties with BBQ’s, we request owners to retain a supply of gas, however it is not always possible. We therefore apologise for any inconvenience. If this is the case, please call our Emergency Number and they will instruct accordingly. You will be charged for extra cleaning if the BBQ is left UNCLEAN (charged at a rate of $50).
- SMOKINGAll properties are non-smoking and must be adhered to at all times. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground or in the garden. You will be charged for extra cleaning to remove any cigarette butts.
- OCCUPANCYThe premises are let to you for holiday purposes ONLY and only for the period stated on your booking email. NO weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. Filming and Photo shoots are also not allowed without prior approval from Blue Mountains Escapes. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked and/or had beds provided for. No additional mattresses, tents or caravans are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate with no refund made. If found after your departure, your credit card will be charged.
- PETSPets are not permitted at or in any property with the exception of those that state they are “Pet Friendly”. See property information. Please note NOT ALL “Pet Friendly” houses are fully fenced, see property information for details. Guests are required to advise our office of the breed(s) of dog(s) and number of dogs coming to the property. Details are to be advised at time of booking. Approval will be at the discretion of Blue Mountains Escapes.
We ask all pet owners to ensure that the grounds of the holiday property rented are left in a clean and tidy state. You will be charged for extra cleaning if there is excessive mess inside the property and/or you fail to clean up any droppings left by your pet. We also ask, for the safety of your pet, that you administer a flea treatment to your pet prior to arrival
PLEASE NOTE: Pets are not allowed in the bedrooms.
- GUESTS RESPONSIBILITIES
18.a All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
18.b Everyone on holidays likes to enjoy themselves, however we must stress that excess noise or behaviour that is threatening to neighbours will not be tolerated. A “Callout Fee” will be charged to you if we have been asked to respond to any complaints of noisy or threatening behaviour. Children in your group are to refrain from playing in driveways as this is dangerous.
18.c Should a tradesperson be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be payable by the guest. No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owners’control.
18.d No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period.
18.e All guests are responsible for any loss or damage arising from breakages or other damage to the unit or common property during their stay, including any additional cleaning, removal of excess garbage, repairs, or replacement of items in the property.
18.f All properties are privately owned. Please respect the owner’s property and do not move furniture around. Items are not to be moved between properties. In the event a claim from the security deposit exceeds $150.00 you will be charged a $50 Administration Fee. Our staff will describe the premises, position and furnishings to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misrepresentation can be accepted.
- LEFT ITEMS (LOST PROPERTY)If requested, we will make every effort to collect and return valuable items that have been mistakenly left behind in one of our holiday homes. The Cash on Delivery service is no longer offered by Australia Post. When returning items to you, we will determine the precise amount of postage cost from Australia post plus include a $10 administrative charge, and after we have received payment, we will forward your item to the address you supplied.
- BAD BOOKS REGISTERBlue Mountains Escapes participate in the Bad Book register. By accepting this booking, you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions your Name, Phone Number and Email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Book register. Blue Mountains Escapes reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest may be registered on Bad Books.
- CLEANING RATESIf any additional cleaning is required as per above terms and conditions, it will be charged at a rate of $50.00 per hour of part thereof. FEES THAT MAY APPLY AS PER TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE. Fees will be automatically deducted from the Security Bond provided as per the Guest’s signed Registration. Please Note: The Deposit Constitutes Acceptance of These Terms & Conditions.
- TEMPORARY CHANGES TO CANCELLATION POLICY IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 UPDATED APRIL 2022If there are travel restrictions in place for your travel dates and no-one is allowed to travel for Holidays, then we will offer the following:-
MOVE – We move your booking to the same time next year (if related to an event) and any monies paid will be transferred to the new booking.
HOLD – We hold monies paid until you contact us with new dates at which time, we will transfer any monies being held.
REFUND – the refund will be total amount you paid less any credit card surcharges and $100 cancellation fee (normally your entire deposit)
Otherwise our normal Cancellation Policy will apply.
- COVID-19 RULES Please note these rules are subject to change without notice at any time – please keep yourself informed by checking on the following site for any changes to the travel rules
- INDEMNITY/DISCLAIMERBlue Mountains Escapes has taken all steps and done all things to present the property in a clean and workmanlike manner as advised by relevant government authority. Blue Mountains Escapes is not responsible for any spread of COVID 19 and will not be held responsible for anything arising from or related to the spread of COVID 19, in respect of which you occupy the property at your own risk.