How to get to the Blue Mountains
Sydney Airport, located 113 kilometers (about 85 miles) from Katoomba, serves both international and domestic flights. Car rental services are accessible at the airport, various spots in Sydney city, and in Katoomba.
Trains connecting Sydney’s Central Station to the Blue Mountains run regularly, taking approximately two hours to reach Katoomba. Once in the mountains, public transportation such as trains and some buses are available. Additionally, the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus operates on a loop between Katoomba and Leura for those who prefer a hop on/hop off option.
For a thorough exploration of the Greater Blue Mountains, having your own car is recommended, as it provides greater flexibility and access to various sights.
Travelling from Sydney by car
It will take you approximately 2 hours from the Sydney CBD to Leura, dependant on the day of the week and time you are travelling. If you are leaving Sydney on Friday afternoon we suggest you plan for additional time due to the weekend traffic.
- Head west out of Sydney on the M2, M4, M5 or M7.
- Take the M4 exit to the Blue Mountains.
- Soon after Emu Plains you will cross over the Nepean River at which time the road turns in to the Great Western Highway.
- From here you will have approx. 40mins to Leura.
- Our office is located at the bottom of the retail precinct of Leura Mall at 206-208 Leura Mall, Leura in our shared office with Liberty Property.