10 Gardiner Cres, Blackheath
Parkside is a three-bedroom 1930s house, renovated in the 1950s when the second story was added. In 2016 it was extensively renovated to its current standard.
The house is opposite Blackheath Memorial Park, which is reserved crown land and covers approximately 11 hectares. The park is made up mostly of landscaped parkland and some bushland and contains several facilities including a swimming pool, picnic shelters, amenities block and playgrounds. It also provides access to the Popes Glen bushwalk.
The park is a place of local heritage significance for its historic, social and aesthetic values. The site was used as a watering site for travelling stock, the land housed the first and second railway dams for Blackheath Station constructed c1868 and 1886 respectively. The land was then set aside as one of Blackheath’s first dedicated reserves for public recreation on 23 January 1920. Following its use as a golf course between 1909 and 1916, significant improvements were made to commemorate Blackheath residents who enlisted in World War 1.
The park is a significant place in its association with the history and development of Blackheath and its significance as a place to commemorate the World War 1, as noted in the naming of pathways within the park.
This guest manual shares information that will assist you to enjoy your time in the house and in the Blue Mountains. It also contains important emergency information.
Bedroom and Bathroom Configuration
Bedroom 1 - 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 2 - 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 3 - 1 x Queen bed
Main Bathroom with Shower, bath and toilet
Please Note, the Tariff is based on 4 Guests. If you have more than 4 staying, please enter the correct number to get the correct Tariff. Maximum 6 Guests.
All long weekends are a minimum 3-night stay, all public holidays are charged at the Weekend Tariff and Easter is a minimum 4-night stay.
Good to know
Bedding & Linen:
All beds will be made with quality linen before your arrival. Bath towels including bathmats and hand towels are also provided along with tea towels for the kitchen. Doonas/blankets pillows
Access: Entire Property
Free Wifi: YES
Lounge Rm: Lovely lounge room with a slow combustion fireplace and large flat screen smart T.V.
Kitchen: Fully functioning kitchen including dishwasher, large oven and cook top, Nespresso Coffee Pod Machine and a gas log fireplace
Dining: Large separate dining room overlooking a courtyard
Laundry: Includes a washing machine and ironing facilities
Heating/Cooling: Gas Log fireplace in the kitchen, slow combustion wood fireplace, electric heaters and portable fans in all bedrooms and Airconditioning in the dining area.
ceiling fans have been added to the bedrooms
Pets: Strictly No pets allowed
Parking: There is an external, standard power outlet close to the driveway which is available for EV charging upon request. Drivers must have their own cable.
Outdoor Activities: Entertainment Deck. The rear yard is fully fenced
For further details please see the list of Amenities below.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-7411
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with Bushland View
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with Garden View
- Bathroom(s) | Amenities Provided
- Bathroom(s) | Bath Tub
- Bathroom(s) | Hair dryer
- Bathrooms | Separate Shower
- Bedroom(s) | All Linen & Towels included
- Bedroom(s) | Electric Blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Extra pillows and blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Hangers
- Bedroom(s) | Wardrobe
- Dining | Separate Dining Room
- General Info | Children Allowed
- General Info | EV charge point
- General Info | Hot water
- General Info | Last Renovation 2005 - 2015
- General Info | Long-term stays allowed
- General Info | Mobile Phone Coverage - Good
- General Info | Multi Level Home with stairs
- General Info | Private entrance
- General Info | Security cameras on property (outside)
- General Info | Self check-in
- General Info | Smoking Not allowed
- General Info | Stand alone property
- Heating/Cooling | Air Conditioning
- Heating/Cooling | Ceiling Fans
- Heating/Cooling | Electric Heaters (portable)
- Heating/Cooling | Firewood supplied June-July-August only
- Heating/Cooling | Gas Log Fireplace
- Heating/Cooling | Portable Fans
- Heating/Cooling | Reverse Cycle Air-conditioning
- Heating/Cooling | Slow Combustion Wood Fireplace
- Indoor Activities | Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor Activities | Netflix
- Indoor Activities | TV - 55"
- Indoor Activities | TV - 65"
- Kitchen | Coffee Machine - Expresso
- Kitchen | Coffee Plunger
- Kitchen | Cook Top and Oven
- Kitchen | Cooking basics
- Kitchen | Dishwasher
- Kitchen | Fully equipped with Cutlery and Dishes
- Kitchen | Kettle/Jug
- Kitchen | Microwave Oven
- Kitchen | Refrigerator with Freezer
- Kitchen | Toaster
- Laundry | Ironing Facilities
- Laundry | Laundromat nearby
- Laundry | Washing machine
- Lounge Room | with soft setting
- Outdoor Activities | Area with Outdoor setting
- Outdoor Activities | Backyard Fully fenced
- Outdoor Activities | Garden
- Parking | On premises Parking (free)
- Pets - Strictly No Pets
- Safety | Carbon monoxide alarm
- Safety | Fire Blanket
- Safety | Fire extinguisher
- Safety | Smoke alarm
- Queen Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
What a gem of a placeMollie G - 29th November 2023
Our family of 5 loved spending a few days at this place while we explore the Blue Mountains. The host was responsive and friendly.
I’m sure we will be back!Sophie Lodge - 2nd October 2023
My young family and I really enjoyed our stay and Parkside house. The communication was excellent and the place was really well designed and very clean. There’s everything you might need and it’s very much in walking distance of Blackheath and local walks.
The house exceeded our expectations!Sophia Mercado - 30th July 2023
We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend away — was only 10-15 away from Katoomba and is close to the local shops. Would definitely come back in the future.
Would highly recommend."Jackie - 14th July 2023
We had a get together to celebrate a 50th birthday. The house was perfect for 3 couples and our local friends who joined us. We cooked and had a great time. The kitchen was spotless and well set up for our catering needs. Easy walk to the village for coffees when needed.
Beautiful homeMarina Ibrahim - 14th July 2023
In a peaceful and convenient location. We loved every minute spent there and loved the coziness and cleanliness of the home. Will definitely be returning in the future!"
A luxury home away from home.Jess - 12th July 2023
Beautifully decorated and conveniently located near the town center and memorial park. It is rare we sleep well away from our house but we pleasantly surprised. Sheets were great quality. The house is tastefully decorated and private. Black out blinds also worked a treat. Our children loved the back yard and the park across the house. The house was warm on arrival and we felt relaxed straight away. we will be back!"
Excellent stay,Alison - 30th May 2023
Perfect for a cosy weekend in the mountains"
We loved staying at your house.Sophie Deschamps - 22nd January 2023
"Bushwalk with amazing views!!! Lovely house Would return anytime!!!"
Parkside was the best."Susan - 24th December 2022
"Parkside proved to be the perfect location for a mid-week break away from the hustle and bustle. The house is beautifully appointed and styled, with extremely comfortable beds all equipped with electric blankets for those cold mountain nights. Blackheath Village is a short walk away and well worth getting to know with the fabulous Gleebooks and lots of cafes and delis with interesting produce. We loved the house - the location and felt completely at home. Day trips to Katoomba and Leura as well as the Botanic Gardens were fun. But in the end just hanging out at
"Lovely placeHeather - 27th November 2022
"Lovely place close to the main shops, cafes and restaurants."
Great for a cosy girls night inFiona - 5th November 2022
"Beautifully appointed and immaculately presented cosy chic cottage. We were 3 mature ladies enjoying a girls weekend in the area and it was perfect for us. We enjoyed Ates restaurant, the sensational Grand Canyon walk, high tea at the Hydro Majestic and the lovely Rhododendron gardens.. Kerrys place was a perfect base for all!"