23 Prince George St, Blackheath
Designed by Drew Heath, an award-winning architect; the Piano House is one of Blackheath's iconic homes and has been designed with a retro and musical flair. This contemporary home is set-back on a beautifully landscaped property offering privacy and a perfect destination for the upper Blue Mountains.
The driveway automatically lights-up as you drive in, offering off-street parking for up to three cars. Through the gate; the pebbled pathway takes you under the canopy and past June's Bird Garden to reveal the grand home bathed in natural light, and cocooned by greenery.
This modern brick home with heated polished concrete floors downstairs and rich timber floors upstairs, offers two bedrooms; the master bedroom with a king-size bed and a queen-size bed in the second bedroom; both complete with quality linen, electric blankets and a pillow menu. If also offers two bathrooms laced with luxury amenities including hand soaps; a modern laundry with a large washer and dryer, a fully equipped open-plan kitchen fitted with quality appliances that spills onto the Dora Patio; a private office and sitting room that is greeted by the iconic magnolia in the garden which glows with pink flowers during the winter season.
The grand living room that spills onto the furnished elevated deck overlooking the Palmina Rose Garden and Elaine Courtyard Garden is the heart of the home. The open wood fireplace is the centre piece of the living room, allowing the piano to remain the hero by the garden window. The unique geometric ceiling is designed to accentuate the piano music throughout the home, making the room grand and intimate at the same time. The piano keys are also reflected through the ceiling design above the staircase and kitchen cupboards.
For those nights that are perfect and clear, you can admire the stars from the backyard around the fire pit in a secluded and private courtyard garden surrounded by deciduous trees and the complimentary vegetable garden; Giuseppe's Herb Garden; for enhancing seasonal flavours when cooking.
Bedroom and Bathroom Configuration
Bedroom 1 – 1 x King bed
Bedroom 2 – 1 x Queen bed
Bathroom upstairs with Shower and toilet
Bathroom with Shower/Bath Combined
All beds will be made with quality linen before your arrival including doonas, blankets & pillows.
Bath towels including bathmats and hand towels are also provided along with tea towels for the kitchen.
Please Note, Maximum 4 Guests.
All long weekends are a minimum 3-night stay, all public holidays are charged at the Weekend Tariff and Easter is a minimum 4-night stay.
Lounge: Yamaha Piano, open fireplace, Smart HD TV, board games, books.
Combined kitchen and dining: fully equipped kitchen, gas cooktop, oven, Nespresso Coffee machine, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster and kettle, sandwich press, nutri-bullet juice blender, coffee plunger.
Laundry: washing machine and dryer, iron and ironing board.
Heating/Cooling: under slab heating, flued gas heater, panel heaters in bedrooms and bathrooms and an open fireplace.
Pets: Pets are welcome but cannot be left unattended at the accommodation, must be included and approved as part of the reservation.
Parking: Off street parking (one under cover) and ample on street parking
Indoor Activities: 55" Smart TV able to stream Netflix, books and board games
Outdoor Activities: BBQ & Fire Pit
For further details please see the list of Amenities below.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-34378
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with Garden View
- Bathroom(s) | Amenities Provided
- Bathroom(s) | Bath Tub
- Bathroom(s) | Hair dryer
- Bathrooms | Separate Shower
- Bathrooms | Shower over Bath
- Bedroom(s) | All Linen & Towels included
- Bedroom(s) | Electric Blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Extra pillows and blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Hangers
- Bedroom(s) | Wardrobe
- Dining | Combined Kitchen and Dining area
- General Info | approx. House Built Circa 2005 - 2015
- General Info | Children Allowed
- General Info | Hot water
- General Info | Last Renovation 2005 - 2015
- General Info | Long-term stays allowed
- General Info | Luggage drop-off allowed
- General Info | Mobile Phone Coverage - Good
- General Info | Multi Level Home with stairs
- General Info | Private entrance
- General Info | Self check-in
- General Info | Smoking Not allowed
- General Info | Stand alone property
- General Info | Wheelchair In-Accessible
- Heating/Cooling | Fireplace screens
- Heating/Cooling | Firewood supplied June-July-August only
- Heating/Cooling | Floor Slab Heating
- Heating/Cooling | Gas Heaters
- Heating/Cooling | Open Fireplace
- Indoor Activities | Blue Tooth speakers
- Indoor Activities | Books
- Indoor Activities | Dedicated workspace
- Indoor Activities | Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor Activities | Netflix
- Indoor Activities | TV - 55"
- Kitchen | Coffee Plunger
- Kitchen | Coffee Pod Machine - Nespresso
- Kitchen | Cook Top and Oven
- Kitchen | Cooking basics
- Kitchen | Dishwasher
- Kitchen | Fully equipped with Cutlery and Dishes
- Kitchen | Kettle/Jug
- Kitchen | Microwave Oven
- Kitchen | Refrigerator with Freezer
- Kitchen | Toaster
- Laundry | Clothes Dryer
- Laundry | Ironing Facilities
- Laundry | Washing machine
- Outdoor Activities | Area with Outdoor setting
- Outdoor Activities | Backyard Fully fenced
- Outdoor Activities | BBQ - Gas
- Outdoor Activities | Fire Pit
- Outdoor Activities | Garden
- Parking - ample on street parking (free)
- Parking | On premises Parking (free)
- Parking | Some on premises undercover (free)
- Pets | Enclosed backyard
- Pets | Well behaved Pet allowed
- Pets allowed
- Safety | Fire Blanket
- Safety | First Aid Kit
- Safety | Smoke alarm
- King Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
- Bath Shower Combined
Modern and as described - the photos do not do the garden justiceNatalie Raju - 8th October 2023
Great location close to Blackheath village which was great for a morning coffee or breakfast after a beautiful bushwalk. Close to the Grand Canyon walk which was our favourite of all the bushwalks in the blue mountains. The photos do not do the garden justice which our kids really enjoyed playing in the afternoons after a long morning out in the mountains while the adults enjoyed a glass of wine on the deck. Tennis courts across the road were also a bonus.
"Thank you Blue Mountains Escapes for a lovely stay at the Piano House.Samantha - 16th July 2023
"We loved the Piano House. A wonderful spacious house with ample heating, lovely outdoor fire pit and open fire. We are not experienced piano players but by the end of our stay, our children wanted to learn piano. We also loved the beds - so comfy. We will be back!"
"The Piano House is clearly well cared forMikhaela - 12th June 2023
Set up beautifully, and is comfortable, private and stylish. It’s a unique offering in the Blackheath area. The hosts are clear and proactive communicators, and who doesn’t love some underfloor heating? We’d definitely return."
LovelyMarshka Kiera - 22nd January 2023
Elegant home that was perfect for our Blue Mountains base. Easy walk to the centre of Blackheath and on a quiet leafy street. The deck and garden were a joy to rest in after bushwalks. The beds and bedding were wonderful and the whole house had luxurious, thoughtful touches (including a pre-set fireplace for the cool evening). Thank you!
Great host and happy stay.Andrew Chisholm - 5th January 2023
A beautiful, quiet and cosy retreat which is just a short walk from the main street in Blackheath. Thanks Sam!
The deck is also perfect for morning yoga!Mikala - 2nd October 2022
Cannot believe how peaceful and wonderful this stay was. Clean, easy to check in and had everything we needed. Perfect area, great for cooking when returning from hikes in the mountains. Highly recommend you make this your destination if you are visiting the Blue Mountains.