Sofia-Rose House and Cottage
4 Cumberland Street, Katoomba
Brand new 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom mountains home within walking distance to the main street of Katoomba.
Beautifully decorated with modern features the main house has generous living spaces and good size bedrooms.
The kitchen is fully equipped, the living area is sunlit with access to the rear covered deck with Weber Q.
There is also a separate cottage that sleeps 2 with it's own bathroom, kitchenette, lounge chairs and TV.
Bedroom and Bathroom Configuration
Bedroom 1 - 1 x Queen bed with walk through robe | ensuite with shower and toilet
Bedroom 2 - 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 3 - 2 x King singles
Bedroom 4 - 2 x King Singles
Main Bathroom - bath & separate and toilet
Separate Powder room with toilet
Bedroom 5 - Queen bed | kitchenette and ensuite with shower and toilet
Good to know
Bedding & Linen:
All beds will be made with quality linen before your arrival. Bath towels including bathmats and hand towels are also provided along with tea towels for the kitchen. Doonas / blankets pillows
Access: Entire Property
Free Wifi: YES
Lounge Rm: Main House - Open plan lounge, kitchen and dining. Large screen T.V., D.V.D. and Wi-Fi. Netflix available.
Cottage - 2 lounge chairs T.V. and access to the WiFi from the main house.
Kitchen: Main House - Modern, fully equipped kitchen. large electric oven, gas cooktop, dishwasher, fridge/freezer,
highchair, kettle, toaster, microwave and Expresso Pod machine
Cottage - Kitchenette with microwave, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster
Laundry: Washing machine, dryer, laundry tub and ironing facilities
Heating: Gas Central Heating in Main House and electric heater in the cottage.
Pets: Sorry No pets allowed
Parking: Off-street Parking for 3 cars
For further details please see the list of Amenities below.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-22962
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with BBQ
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with Garden View
- Bathroom(s) | Amenities Provided
- Bathroom(s) | Bath Tub
- Bathroom(s) | Hair dryer
- Bathrooms | Separate Shower
- Bedroom(s) | All Linen & Towels included
- Bedroom(s) | Extra pillows and blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Wardrobe
- Dining | Combined Kitchen, Dining & Lounge area
- General Info | Hot water
- General Info | Long-term stays allowed
- General Info | Luggage drop-off allowed
- General Info | Mobile Phone Coverage - Good
- General Info | Multi Level Home with stairs
- General Info | Private entrance
- General Info | Security cameras on property (outside)
- General Info | Self check-in
- General Info | Smoking Not allowed
- General Info | Stand alone property
- Heating/Cooling | Central Heating - Electric (ducted)
- Heating/Cooling | Central Heating - Gas (ducted)
- Heating/Cooling | Electric Heaters (portable)
- Indoor Activities | Books
- Indoor Activities | Children's books and toys
- Indoor Activities | Dedicated workspace
- Indoor Activities | DVD Player
- Indoor Activities | Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor Activities | TV - 32"
- Indoor Activities | TV - 55"
- Kitchen | Coffee Plunger
- Kitchen | Coffee Pod Machine - ALDI
- Kitchen | Coffee Pod Machine - Exprestoria
- Kitchen | Cook Top and Oven
- Kitchen | Cooking basics
- Kitchen | Dishwasher
- Kitchen | Fully equipped with Cutlery and Dishes
- Kitchen | High chair
- Kitchen | Kettle/Jug
- Kitchen | Microwave Oven
- Kitchen | Refrigerator with Freezer
- Kitchen | Toaster
- Laundry | Clothes Dryer
- Laundry | Ironing Facilities
- Laundry | Washing machine
- Outdoor Activities | Backyard Fully fenced
- Outdoor Activities | BBQ - Gas
- Outdoor Activities | Garden
- Parking - ample on street parking (free)
- Parking | On premises Parking (free)
- Parking | Some on premises undercover (free)
- Pets - Strictly No Pets
- Safety | Fire Blanket
- Safety | Fire extinguisher
- Safety | Smoke alarm
- Queen Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
- Single Bed x 2
- Single Bed x 2
- Queen Bed x 1
This was our second time staying in this house...Tori E - 12th November 2023
And it exceeded expectations again - super clean, thoughtfully appointed and seamless check-in
Brilliant property that I would stay at againGaye P - 7th November 2023
1. The layout of the house is amazing. It has large open living spaces and large dinning table space where we could all sit together to relax, chat, and eat. 2. Kitchen has everything you need for food preparation, serving, and entertaining. Including enough plates, mugs, and cutlery for everyone. It also had a number of other simple touches like plastic wrap, paper towels, hand wash etc making it feel like you were at home, and perfect for a short stay. 3. Bathrooms were spacious and clean. 4. And finally the lighting was exceptional. Every area had dimmer switches and there were strategically placed night lights so you could move around the home safely at night.
A memorable weekend with the entire family under one roof!Elie Anthony - 24th September 2023
Spacious beautiful house located within a short walk from the main tourist attractions.
Loved everything about the house!Sarina Evanian - 22nd August 2023
Loved our weekend stay here! Gorgeous, spacious and clean house - close to restaurants/activities in Katoomba. Very easy booking with BlueMtsEscape :)
Just as described.Kate Armstrong - 16th July 2023
Amazing place for me and my bridal party to get ready for the big day. Clean and easy to access."
Even better than the photosSue Whelan - 21st October 2019
perfect house for a multi generational family holiday, even better than the photos depict!
Fabulous for a groupVictoria Murphy - 7th October 2019
Great spot and fabulous house for a group
Can not faultKerrie McInerney - 28th September 2019
I can’t fault Sophia Rose. Everything relating to the property was to our liking.
Spacious propertyBrendan Crawley - 17th June 2019
very spacious property, 10 guests and never felt crowded.
Beautiful houseLeanne Maccallum - 9th June 2019
Beautiful house, we loved staying at Sofia Rose
Well maintainedAsanka Silva - 31st December 2018
The property was is great condition and well maintained.
No HypeIsa Hopwood - 28th December 2018
For once there was no hype. The place matched the description and expectation.
Beautiful and spaciousWee Sze Teo - 7th December 2018
Thank you for creating such a beautiful and spacious accommodation with adequate and high end facilities. We had really enjoyed our stay. Thank you so much. =)
Amazing stayNatalie Taber - 27th May 2018
Amazing stay and very helpful staff. Thank you all!
What a great house! Hope to be back to stay again!Melinda Backhouse - 6th April 2018
What a great house! We were a group of friends staying here, but it would also be ideal for families. It is beautifully fitted out in a modern minimalist style with great attention to detail. The bedrooms are all spacious with super comfortable beds. The house is deceiving from the front, but once inside the door it's spaciousness becomes apparent. The back opens out to a very large light-filled space with a well-equipped kitchen (he pantry had quite a few staple items) and lounge area. This opens to a deck and a well-manicured large back yard that backs on to a lovely bush view. There is a studio in the backyard, which we didn't use, but is far enough away from the house that it wouldn't matter if someone else was staying there. The house is easy walking distance (about 10 minutes) to the main street of Katoomba and 2-3 kms from tourist spots like Echo Point and the start of walking tracks. We hope to be back to stay here again!