The Lodge Blackheath
241 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath
Escape to the enchanting embrace of The Lodge, a charming holiday rental property that promises a delightful retreat amidst the captivating Blue Mountains. This beautifully furnished four-bedroom, two-bathroom Alpine Cottage is a haven for those seeking a tranquil escape, boasting soaring cathedral ceilings. With its newly furnished interiors, The Lodge offers guests the perfect space to relax and unwind with family and friends, enveloped by the pristine beauty of Blue Mountains bushland.
Nestled a mere 300 meters from the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and the awe-inspiring Govetts Leap Lookout, this haven is an ideal starting point for exploring the renowned Grose Valley Trails. For the adventurous souls, secret escarpment swimming holes beckon, daring you to take a refreshing plunge. The Lodge also provides convenient access to the charming Blackheath Village, only 2 mins drive away where you can through the eclectic shops, cafés or dine in the culinary acclaimed restaurants.
The heart of The Lodge is its self-contained kitchen. Entertain in the open plan living area and share a meal at the well-proportioned teak dining table, comfortably seating eight guests. Whether you're enjoying a drink or simply unwinding, the live edge bar is the perfect spot. On cooler nights, you'll find cozy comfort by the slow combustion fireplace, or switch on the natural gas central heating to keep warm. As the sun sets, savor the moment on the balcony while you fire up the BBQ and watch the sky transform into a canvas of colors. For those who need to stay connected or want to catch up on work, a workstation with a monitor is thoughtfully provided.
Adding to the charm and personality of The Lodge, you'll discover a curated collection of local artist's paintings adorning the walls, adding an artistic touch to your stay. The Lodge invites you to make cherished memories, relax, and experience the breathtaking beauty of the Blue Mountains in style and comfort. Your holiday adventure begins here.
Local artist’s paintings are featured throughout The Lodge.
Bedroom and Bathroom Configuration
Bedroom 1- 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 2 - 1 x Queen bed
Bathroom Upstairs - shower and toilet
Bedroom 3 - 2 x single beds - can be pushed together to make a King bed
Bedroom 4 - 1 x Queen bed
Bathroom Downstairs - Small deep bath with shower over the bath and toilet
Please Note, the Tariff is based on 6 Guests. If you have more than 6 staying, please enter the correct number to get the correct Tariff. Maximum 8 Guests.
All long weekends are a minimum 3-night stay, all public holidays are charged at the Weekend Tariff and Easter is a minimum 4-night stay.
Good to know
Bedding & Linen:
All beds will be made with quality linen before your arrival. Bath towels including bathmats and hand towels are also provided along with tea towels for the kitchen. Doonas / blankets pillows
Access: Entire Property
Free Wifi: YES (high-speed NBN)
Phone Reception: there may be weak signal strength with some phone providers.
Open Plan Lounge-Dining room Rm: with brand new furniture, 10-seater dining table, bar off the kitchen seating four. Slow combustion fireplace and a 55” Smart T.V.
Kitchen: Gas oven and cooktop, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, sandwich maker and a Nespresso pod machine
Laundry: Washing machine, laundry tub and ironing facilities.
Heating: Natural Gas central heating and a slow combustion fireplace. One bag of wood is supplied June - July - August - supplies can be purchased from the local service stations.
Parking: 3 x onsite parking (1 x under carport) and ample street parking options.
Pets: Sorry no pets allowed
Indoor Activities: Games, puzzles, books, 55” smart T.V. Workstation and monitor in Bedroom 3.
Outdoor Activities: outdoor sofa with side table, outdoor dining table and chairs, gas BBQ. Bush block garden with rope swing, bush classroom with timber log carvings, outdoor setting, hammock and fire pit (not available during bushfire season you are not permitted to use this fire pit or light fires outside during bush fire season ie between 1st October to 31st March every year). Blackheath Golf course is 3 km away and is nearby to the Blue Mountains best hiking, running, rock climbing and canyoning activities.
- 4 minute walk to the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre (300 metres) where you can find advice on walking tracks, Aboriginal heritage, plants and animals, local activities and explore the gallery and theatre
- 10-minute stroll to Govetts Leap Lookout (800 metres) with breath taking views of Bridal Veil Falls (highest waterfall in the Blue Mountains)
- 8-minute drive to the Campbell Rhododendron Gardens, host to the annual Rhododendron flower festival in November
- 20 minute easy / beginner walk to Boyd beach – cool off on a hot summer’s day
- 8-minute drive to the best rock climbing in the blue mountains at Upper Shipley and Centennial Glen
- 8-minute drive to Mermaid Cave or a 50 minutes' walk (4km)
- 6 km drive to the Hydro Majestic – iconic historical hotel overlooking the Megalong Valley.
- 9 km drive to Katoomba where you can visit the three sisters and scenic world.
- 10 km to Leura – cafes, restaurants, shops and ice skating at The Fairmont Hotel
- Zig zag railway 20 min drive
- Jenolan Caves 1hr15 min drive
- Kingsford Smith Airport is 87km from the property
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-24797
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with BBQ
- Balcony/Deck/Patio | with Garden View
- Bathroom(s) | Amenities Provided
- Bathroom(s) | Bath Tub
- Bathroom(s) | Hair dryer
- Bathrooms | Shower over Bath
- Bedroom(s) | All Linen & Towels included
- Bedroom(s) | Electric Blankets
- Bedroom(s) | Hangers
- Bedroom(s) | Wardrobe
- Dining | Combined Kitchen, Dining & Lounge area
- General Info | Hot water
- General Info | Long-term stays allowed
- General Info | Luggage drop-off allowed
- General Info | Mobile Phone Coverage - Good
- General Info | Multi Level Home with stairs
- General Info | Private entrance
- General Info | Self check-in
- General Info | Smoking Not allowed
- General Info | Stand alone property
- General Info | Wheelchair In-Accessible
- Heating/Cooling | 1x Bag of Firewood including matches& Fire lighters - June-July-August only
- Heating/Cooling | Central Heating - Gas (ducted)
- Heating/Cooling | Firewood supplied June-July-August only
- Heating/Cooling | Slow Combustion Wood Fireplace
- Indoor Activities | Books
- Indoor Activities | Dedicated workspace
- Indoor Activities | DVD Player
- Indoor Activities | Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor Activities | TV - 45"
- Kitchen | Coffee Plunger
- Kitchen | Coffee Pod Machine - Nespresso
- Kitchen | Cook Top and Oven
- Kitchen | Cooking basics
- Kitchen | Dishwasher
- Kitchen | Kettle/Jug
- Kitchen | Microwave Oven
- Kitchen | Refrigerator with Freezer
- Kitchen | Toaster
- Laundry | Ironing Facilities
- Laundry | Washing machine
- Outdoor Activities | Backyard Not fenced
- Outdoor Activities | BBQ - Gas
- Outdoor Activities | Garden
- Parking - ample on street parking (free)
- Parking | On premises Parking (free)
- Pets - Strictly No Pets
- Safety | Fire Blanket
- Safety | Fire extinguisher
- Safety | Smoke alarm
- Queen Bed x 1
- Queen Bed x 1
- trundle Bed x 1
- King Single x 2
- Queen Bed x 1
- Bath Shower Combined
Spacious for a big groupAngeline T - 19th November 2023
Easy check in and once inside very cozy. Quiet and peaceful neighbourhood.
Amazing house located close to everythingChristopher Manolis - 2nd October 2023
Clean with all the amenities you could want. Would highly recommend.
Lovely place and we had a great time - perfect locationMarsha McBroom - 20th September 2023
We loved this place. Was a great place to go and hike from or just have a lovely BBQ. Beds were comfy and kitchen well equipped. Will come back for sure.
GetawayBruce Nevill - 7th July 2023
It was an amazing break. The Lodge was comfortable and cosy, with a lovely wood fire and underfloor heating. Walking distance to the Information centre, lookout and hiking trails. A short drive to the quaint town of Blackheath. The scenery was amazing and breathtaking. Highly recommend this getaway, lots of things to do and a very peaceful place for a holiday. Look forward to going back.
Peaceful Weekend AwayCath Nevill - 27th June 2023
If you're looking for a cosy and comfortable retreat in the Blue Mountains, The Lodge at Blackheath is the perfect place for you. An unforgettable weekend away, The Lodge offered the perfect experience for myself and my guests. From the moment we stepped inside we felt welcomed and comfortable to just chill and relax in the magnificent surround of the bushland. It was very conveniently located close to some amazing bush walks including The infamous Grand Canyon Walk and breathtaking views!
Loved our stay at the lodgeBernie - 18th May 2023
Beautiful home to keep warm inside by the fire or enjoy the outdoor area with a BBQ. It was very clean and tidy and had all the amenities we needed for cooking meals. Great location in a quiet cul-de-sac but close enough to the local street of shops (Monday night trivia at Zoe's was fun!) Don't miss the beautiful Govetts Leap lookout point with waterfall at the end of the street. Would definitely come here again.
The Lodge was everything we needed and more for our family trip.Nathan Brown - 29th April 2023
Perfect getaway nestled in Blackheath just a short drive up from the art deco strip of shops in the village and real close to Govetts Leap. The house has beautiful A frame ceilings and beds are super comfy. The kids loved the yard and bush cubby land to play in. Looking forward to getting back again."
Ideal lodgeLoulou fortunato - 24th April 2023
This lodge is all that it promises. The living and dining space is so cosy and has all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. We loved the fireplace, and the board games were a nice touch. Bedding was so comfortable and the outdoor space and hammock were perfect for both adults and kids. We loved the location and would come.back again.
Great stay with family and so close to the walks!Gaelle Carayon - 22nd January 2023
We had a fantastic stay at the Lodge. The house had everything we needed and is walking distance to Govett's Leap, where some of the best walks start (we really enjoyed Braeside loop which was recommended in the welcome book). We loved the mountain lodge feel with the wood beams and open living room, which felt so spacious yet cosy. Special mention to the games/puzzles which kept the kids occupied on rainy days:-).
"Lovely and cosy , bed’s really comfy, All up a great weekend"Russell Alger - 22nd January 2023
"Gorgeous cottage really warm , great set up and beds lovely and comfortable , great location for hiking and running direct into national park"
GreatCiaran Magee - 7th June 2022
Great, cosy spot near some great views.
Excellent service and value for moneyRae Grieve - 2nd October 2020
excellent service and value for money
Comfortable homeSharna Philips - 10th July 2020
Comfortable home with facilities which can be easily shared by more than one family
Central heating was fantastic!Julie Price - 30th July 2017
Perfect place for large group of people - central heating was fantastic
The best we've stayed inKaylene Maretich - 8th July 2017
we have stayed at various properties in the Blue Mountains every year for the past 8 years and this was the best we've stayed in. It was cosy, welcoming and had everything our group of 8 needed for a very memorable holiday. Thank you!
Would recommend and would stay here againLisa Raymond - 4th June 2017
Lovely central location. Very comfortable and warm homey stay. Would recommend and would stay here again.
Great houseSara Leman - 3rd October 2016
Great house, fabulous location and a perfect place for a long weekend with friends. We would definitely stay at The Lodge again.